Lonely Planet Kids: My First Lift-the-Flap World Atlas
Take a hands-on tour of our amazing planet in this interactive world atlas for young kids that explores all 7 continents and 5 oceans that make up the Earth. Packed with vibrant illustrations, 40 lift-the-flaps, and tons of wow-factor facts; readers will even discover a giant pull-out map and fun search-and-find games. Let the adventure begin!
Did you know there are more than 1 billion people in Africa, living in 54 countries and speaking more than 1,500 languages? Or that the world's first cities were built in Asia thousands of years ago? Meet the rare and exotic animals and wildlife that represent each continent; learn about society's many fascinating cultural traditions; discover famous landmarks and monuments; and more with this glorious introduction to the globe that can be revisited time and time again.
Inside My First Lift-the-Flap World Atlas:
- 40 entertaining lift-the flaps that reveal extra surprises and brilliant facts
- Fun search-and-find games to keep readers engaged and further learning
- Includes a giant pull-out map of the world to be enjoyed by kids and grown-ups alike
- Beautiful illustrations and visuals on every page
- Uses accessible and simple language, perfect for introducing little-ones to the world we live in
- Written by Kate Baker and Illustrated by Teresa Bellon
- Contents include: Planet Earth; North America; South America; Africa; Europe; Asia; Australia; Antarctica; giant pull-out world map
Embark on your first globe-trotting adventure with this colourful and lively world atlas that offers the ultimate introduction to Planet Earth. This beautiful atlas makes an ideal gift for early readers and offers plenty of fun features for children to enjoy and explore.
About Lonely Planet Kids: Lonely Planet Kids - an imprint of the world's leading travel authority Lonely Planet - published its first book in 2011. Over the past 45 years, Lonely Planet has grown a dedicated global community of travelers, many of whom are now sharing a passion for exploration with their children. Lonely Planet Kids educates and encourages young readers at home and in school to learn about the world with engaging books on culture, sociology, geography, nature, history, space and more. We want to inspire the next generation of global citizens and help kids and their parents to approach life in a way that makes every day an adventure. Come explore!